A WoW raid guild on Argent Dawn EU

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Shadowy dorfie in need of a new home...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glalyn

PostSubject: Shadowy dorfie in need of a new home...   Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:28 am

Glalyn, dwarven priestess with a dark attitude...

Talent build:
14 / 0 / 47

Please explain why you have chosen your talent build and what you consider to be its strengths and weaknesses:
I chose to spec deeper down the discipline tree when Meditation got buffed. At the same time I chose Inner Focus which seemed like a great idea at the time, but I have come to realize that I use it by far too little to justify the point spent. So my build may change a bit in near future – as much as shadow priests can Razz.

Would you be willing to respec for the good of the guild and discuss your build with officers who have the proper knowledge?
Indeed. I am always open to new ideas and advice regarding my build. But please don’t force me into speccing holy – I just don’t have the gear for it.

Comments regarding your gear set-up, is there a plan behind it, i.e. more emphasis on AP than hit or is it randomly put together because it was the best you could find?:
Being a shadow priest, my focus is mainly on +spell damage and +spell hit rather than crit chance as I only have two spells which crit. Thus, I have chosen to down-prioritize spirit and crit gear/enchants/gems.

How many nights per week can you attend raids? (Current 25-man raid days are Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday):
I would be able to raid all three days - and more if needed. Keepeing a two raids per week, as your rules require, would not be a problem for me.

Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community
I’ve seen almost the entire plethora of “old world” raiding.
I was hijacked to a community at 58 and saw the insides of both Zul'Gurub and the Molten Core before hitting 60. My old community, the High Guard-based Dark Star Allience (DSA), cleared Blackwing Lair and had taken out one of the first bosses in Naxxramas when Burning Crusade hit us.
After reaching 70, my raiding experiences have been a bit of an unsteady blur; first raiding with old DSA friends in the Cult of Loot, who could never really get the hang of Karazhan, and then briefly raiding with the Azeroth Fury in their earliest Karazhan days. Then I took a three month summer break from WoW to concentrate my energy on my studies and returned to yet another old friends-based community, Keepers of the Pig, with whom I have cleared Karazhan and seen Void Reaver and Gruul die.

Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community:
It feels harsh and cruel to say, but Keepers of the Pig cannot muster 25-man raids anymore. We stagnated at the threshold of SSC and The Eye since we cannot pull together properly geared main tanks.

How important is loot to you? And why?:
Of course loot is important to me, but it is not my main reason to raid. Sure it is nice to upgrade your gear – but summa summarum, I raid to feel the thrill of downing bosses for the first time and feel the warmth spreading inside when people go hay wire on TS.

Do you agree with our policies? And our expectations of being prepared for every raid?:
BotE’s policies seem, indeed, reasonable and – in my private opinion – elementary and mandarory demands for raiding. I would never raid without being fully prepared.

Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc):

*looks to either side frantically* I didn’t eat the last cookies!

What is there to tell. In the eerie realm we call Real Life, I’m 22 winters old and live in Aalborg, Denmark where I study English on my third year. I live together with my lovely boyfriend through three years who has, too, found his way to your forums. He is applying as Eivör. He is the one who lured me into this wicked game we call World of Warcraft (do I ever regret it? Not in a million years). I read alot as well. Thus, I consider myself a fun and good-hearted person with a bit nerdy and black sense of humour (well, don’t you need that to “survive” WoW…?). I listen and take orders well. Overall, I’m a friendly and mature player who knows her way around Azeroth and Outland.

How did you hear about BotE and what are you expectations of the guild?:
As my boyfriend and I realized that Keepers of the Pig will not be anymore, we started to look for a new community/raiding guild on the official forums and asked around friends. When we fell upon BotE, it seemed to be a suitable place for us to raid.
My only expectations to BotE are to find a secure raiding schedule with fun and good-humored people.

Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?:
As Eivör, I have also raided with Ishihengo, Palakwak and Minika before they left Keepers of the Pig.

Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?:
Nah.. Not really. Very Happy

That was my two coppers... I hope to hear back from you...

Lynnie
Back to top Go down
Frenkie
Sir Kinky Of Kinkyland

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy dorfie in need of a new home...   Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:46 am

Glalyn wrote:
My only expectations to BotE are to find a secure raiding schedule with fun and good-humored people

Eilrion is not fun but everyone else is, i have you two on my friendslist, so i can stalk you when you come online, for questioning etc etc, in the meantime the officers will have a chat about how many flirt emotes you have to do and such.

You'll hear from us soon.

Greetings Frenkie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minika

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy dorfie in need of a new home...   Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:25 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eilrion

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy dorfie in need of a new home...   Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:22 pm

Frenkie wrote:
Glalyn wrote:
My only expectations to BotE are to find a secure raiding schedule with fun and good-humored people

Eilrion is not fun but everyone else is, i have you two on my friendslist, so i can stalk you when you come online, for questioning etc etc, in the meantime the officers will have a chat about how many flirt emotes you have to do and such.

Hai! im funny!

As frenkie said, we'll be back with a reply to you over the next few days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy dorfie in need of a new home...   

Back to top Go down

Shadowy dorfie in need of a new home...
Page 1 of 1