Blood of the Elders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood of the Elders

A WoW raid guild on Argent Dawn EU

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enhancement Shaman

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vibed

Enhancement Shaman Empty
PostSubject: Enhancement Shaman   Enhancement Shaman Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 6:35 pm

Character name/race/class - Vibed/Draenei/Shaman

Talent build - 0/45/16

Please explain why you have chosen your talent build and what you consider to be it's strengths and weaknesses?

I choose 0/45/16 for the following reasons

- First and Foremost i enjoy playing Enhancement Spec Over Resto/Elemental
Do have some experience as An Elemental Shaman but not Much as PVE Healer.

- I went into the resto tree for the + hit so i could cap my special attacks ( Wind fury/Storm strike)
Though saying that, A fair chunk of your damage/dps is actually white damage so + Hit is still a factor later on, But not enough to gimp my other more pressing stats ( AP/Crit )

- As a shaman for most fights your always re-applying totems, As a shaman if your there as elemental your main job is not only DPS but to Buff the Other casters ( and enhancement to Buff melee )
I've specced into cheaper totems so therefore mana wont be an issue ( not that it is anyway ). Reason why i specced for tidal focus is that every now and then i maybe required to throw a quick
Chain Heal and well every little mana conserve helps! Increased Totem Range of course is to benefit members larger distances.

- I specced Ghost wolf as i felt there was mainly 2 Points that you can play around with and i decided for a little PVP option for when im not raiding. I would say if i was to pick a PVE option
It would be Anticipation, because as you progress through more Tier 2 Dungeons you start to see a lot more AoE attacks and therefore all the dodge is welcome ( can respec if it's an issue )

- Increased Totems from Grace of Air,Strength & Weapon Totems, This is of course to help buff myself but also in turn buff the melee classes better as Shamans are great source of DPS
But also a great buffing class to all those around them, so may as well buff as much as i can.

- Stuck in mental Quickness as shocks are a good source of DPS, I use the standard rotation of flame shock > Earthshock. Mental Quickness helps this because it not only reduce mana cost
but it also increase spell damage and therefore Higher Damage from the shocks.

Overall i'd say i have a pretty decent raid Build for an Enhancement shaman.. Short points are

- Capped special Attacks
- Improved Totems for Group + Myself
- Improved Shocks and Mana Conservation.

Weakness i'd say would be

- slight lack of Dodge, though shouldn't be an issue through starting Tier 2 Instances.
- Ghost Wolf, PVP Talent mainly as you wont be able to use it within an Instance.

Would you be willing to respecc for the good of the guild and discuss your build with officers who have the proper knowledge?

As I've mentioned above i would rather stay enhancement not only because my current gear setup is more tuned for it but i also enjoy it more,
However i would of course be willing to respec till we found the right balance again, I've got a good understanding of elemental
but i would need some information/help on playing a successful PVE Resto Shaman.

Comments regarding your gear setup, is there a plan behind it, i.e. more emphasis on AP than hit or is it randomly put together because it was the best you could find?

My gear is mainly focused on + AP and Crit though i've also tried to stack a little bit
+ Hit as white damage is a fair chunk of your dps.

For example after looking for my gear and comparing to say T4 level i would say my best
possible upgrade from a dps standpoint would be the shoulders, As i'd still keep some hit rating
But i'd also gain 52 attack power with only a minor drop in Crit. Not to mention the 2 set bonus.

I would like to say i have already the 45 heroic badges saved for the OF from the New Vendor, will Of course be sticking on mongoose straight away.

How many nights per week can you attend raids? (Current 25-man raid days are Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday)

I can reach all current nights listed and also some extra if needed.

Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community.

Shaman has been in no raid guilds/Community's.

Though i've raided SSC/TK ( Vashj/Kael ) on my Mage/Priest, Cleared ZA with Mage/Priest

So i know the fights myself and can easily understand difference my role is as a shaman within those encounters.

Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community.

Priest was in the Raid Community Redemption recently, I left this evening not for any negative reasons
but mainly in the last week i've seen more members have issues with there connections/or issues at RL
and therefore we haven't raided much, As i said to sedena i have nothing against Redemption but im after
a more active raid schedule, I spoke to the Raid Com leader this evening ( Makesha) Explained that i wasn't
interested in raiding on my spriest anymore mainly due to that im not enjoying playing it anymore. Ever since
I've leveled my shaman i really enjoy it, I enjoy the aspects of a Hybrid and what it brings. I also said that i was
a little tired of the kara scene and was looking more for a constant SSC/TK and even MH scene in the future.

How important is loot to you? And why?

[color=white]Im not fussed with loot, My main goal is to see end content. Of course loot will improve your character but it's far from
my priority's within raiding. If something is going to get sharded and i can use it for an off set then sure i'll roll on it
but as soon as someone else Needs it, then of course i will pass straight away. I don't take anything that i don't need.

Do you agree with our policies? And our expectations of being prepared for every raid?

I was saying last time to my raid com within karazhan, i come prepared every raid with 2 flasks, potions/food buffs/oils ( as a spriest )
as that's the norm for me, same with my shaman. If you want progression you need to squeeze as much out of your character as possible.
I have no issues regarding your policies or expectations.

Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc).

Im 20 Years Old, I live the UK. More specifically Oxford! I enjoy sport mainly tennis/football. I am of course interested in technology
and gaming! World of warcraft is of course at the top of the list of favorite games. Currently unemployed due to my financial standing.
( Been saving for a while and decided to take off half a year ). I am a guy.. yes i know my character is female but i mainly picked that
due to i don't like the look of the Draenei males! there dance/emotes and even running is a bit odd.. well i think it is!.

How did you hear about BotE and what are you expectations of the guild?

I saw a Advertisement post in shat, with the post T5 Gear standard wanted or similar wanted! I thought well if there asking for this level
then they must be an established raid guild who are progressing and want to progress further! After speaking to sedena i found this out to be true and therefore made further enquirers.

Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?

Sadly i haven't spoken to anyone within BoTe except for sedena!

Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?

Yes... where is the "How do you feel about Gnome Punting?"

If that was there i'd have to say im 100% against this.

But no other then that i'd say you've covered the topics well.

Thank you for taking the time to read this application, Hopefully i can hear something soon.

If not good luck for future PVE encounters!

Vibed, 70 Shaman.
Back to top Go down
Eloff

Eloff

Enhancement Shaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Shaman   Enhancement Shaman Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 11:21 pm

Hi Vibed, thanks for your very nice application.

The leaders will discuss you matter and get back to you when he have done so.

/Eloff

Armory link to Vibed
Back to top Go down
Frenkie
Sir Kinky Of Kinkyland
Frenkie

Enhancement Shaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Shaman   Enhancement Shaman Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:19 am

In the meantime try to improve as much as possible while we are discussing since you can clearly see it hasnt been your main Smile no offense.

We wil have an answer soon!

-Frenkie
Back to top Go down
Voldzam

Voldzam

Enhancement Shaman Empty
PostSubject: .   Enhancement Shaman Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 4:53 am

Sweet application man.

But hey! Dranei males are awesome, they run like they've got a stick up their bum, they dance like crazy pakistanis and they have a russian accent or something, what's not to love? Very Happy ...oh I forgot to mention that they're aliens.. but so are the females..but still hehe

I have two high level ones

I checked your gear out last night while you talked to Sedana, some stuff need a little improvement but overall it's looking good. And with your level of ambition and dedication to this game I'd say you'll be kicking ass in no time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imbatron.nu
Sedana
Admin
Sedana

Enhancement Shaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Shaman   Enhancement Shaman Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 8:27 am

Welcome on trial Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Enhancement Shaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Shaman   Enhancement Shaman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enhancement Shaman
Page 1 of 1