A WoW raid guild on Argent Dawn EU

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Karma - Enhancement Shaman

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Karma - Enhancement Shaman   Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:06 pm

Character name/race/class
Karma // Draenei // Shaman (Enhancement)

Talent build, i.e. X/X/X.
0/45/16

Please explain why you have chosen your talent build and what you consider to be it's strengths and weaknesses.
Well this build would be a fairly standard enhancement build. The 16 points in restoration are to reduce the mana cost and extend the radius of totems. Also the 3% hit talent is a must.

Would you be willing to respecc for the good of the guild and discuss your build with officers who have the proper knowledge?
Yes I would certainly. I understand also for fights like Najentus that I may be asked to heal, as it's nice to have an extra healer and the less in melee range the better.

Comments regarding your gear setup, is there a plan behind it, i.e. more emphasis on AP than hit or is it randomly put together because it was the best you could find?

Unfortunately enhancement shamans drew the short straw when it came to itemisation. If we were kited out in leather gear from MH/BT we would actually do more DPS than if we were in mail from the same instances. I try to favour strength over anything when I can, but it does prove extremely difficult at times.

How many nights per week can you attend raids? (Current 25-man raid days are tuesday, thursday, sunday)
At the moment, all of them.

Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community.

Ok. I began playing WoW about 3 years ago. Up until recently my main has been a restoration druid called Orlaigh.
Pre-TBC I began raiding with Midnight Storm (now Blackrock Diving School), with this guild I became an officer and healing leader.
With MS I cleared AQ20 / ZG / MC / BWL (to Chromaggus).
Myself and my now ex-boyfriend decided to leave MS and join Insight. With Insight we cleared BWL, AQ 40 [up to CThun], and Naxx [5 bosses].
Shortly after the release of TBC the officers in Insight realised that the attitudes of raiders used to "hiding" in 40 man raids was not going to cut it for TBC 10 and 25 man raids. They decided to disband Insight and form Conclave only inviting 15 members from Insight to join the guild. Thankfully I was one of those members.
Shortly after I was made an officer in Conclave. My duties included recruiting, running the guild bank and organising healing assignments in raids.
With Conclave I cleared Karazhan // SSC // TK // BT // MH and made attempts on the first boss in the Sunwell.

Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community.
I have absolutely no problem discussing this with an officer.

How important is loot to you? And why?
A friend of mine put it best when he said - loot is like getting a T-Shirt from a concert, it's a reminder of a great event.

Do you agree with our policies? And our expectations of being prepared for every raid?
Yes I do agree with you're policies. When it comes to being prepared for every raid, I will be. Generally I would bring enough consumables for two raids. Consumables to me mean - flasks or elixirs; food buffs; scrolls (strength & agility V); health/mana pots.

Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc).
My name is Orla. I'm a 23 year old girl and I'm from Dublin in Ireland. I have a Bachelors Degree in music, where I majored in composition. Last year I worked in a secondary school with kids with special needs. This year I began my masters in music technology and electronic composition, but have taken time out of that and am currently working in a bank. Being Irish, one of my hobbies is alcoholism, going out with friends, and generally having a good time Smile

How did you hear about BotE and what are you expectations of the guild?

To be honest I heard about BotE over the guild recruitment channel and decided to check it out. You all seem like a very mature bunch of people, and the attitude of your members in other posts seemed very nice.

Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?

I'm afraid I'm not too sure if there's anyone I know in this guild, if there is I wouldn't like to presurise them into vouching for me anyway Razz

Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?

For some reason I can't get my armory to link into the page, very sorry about that!
Also, please ignore my current professions, I'm replacing these with LWing, as drums have been proven to give the best DPS increase in raids.
(originally I was a JCer, then had a great idea to change to BSing [dont ask! Razz])
I also believe greatly in TOTOM TWISTING!!!! Yes, I love to totem twist windfury and Grace of Air (looking to get the rogue vote here Wink )

Looking forward to hearing from you Smile
Back to top Go down
Eivör

PostSubject: Re: Karma - Enhancement Shaman   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:13 pm

Guest wrote:
For some reason I can't get my armory to link into the page, very sorry about that!

No need to be sorry, it's just a restriction the officers put in to prevent WoW-unrelated spamming. Smile

Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Argent+Dawn&n=Karma

- Eiv
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rothinn

PostSubject: Re: Karma - Enhancement Shaman   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:25 pm

Quote :
Being Irish, one of my hobbies is alcoholism

Sounds like you should re-roll a dwarf.....hic! And as for the maturity you're speaking of, I'd say it absolutelty exists. I'm still an initiate, but already surprised over the good attitude in BotE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://virvelvind.net
Eloff

PostSubject: Re: Karma - Enhancement Shaman   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:48 am

Thanks for you apply Karma

The leaders will discuss it and get back to you as soon as possible.

/Eloff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celebrion

PostSubject: Re: Karma - Enhancement Shaman   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:48 am

I wouldn't normally do this but just have to say that a drunken, Irish, totem-twisting enhancement shaman is really too good to miss out on. Aside from the DPS, think of the comedy value!!

/highlyrecommendsforthecraic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voldzam

PostSubject: .   Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:22 am

"Also, please ignore my current professions, I'm replacing these with LWing, as drums have been proven to give the best DPS increase in raids.
(originally I was a JCer, then had a great idea to change to BSing [dont ask! Razz])
I also believe greatly in TOTOM TWISTING!!!! Yes, I love to totem twist windfury and Grace of Air (looking to get the rogue vote here Wink )"

This was definately the best thing you could've written in an application to us as enhancement shaman.

Eathir/Eilrion will deny falling heavily in love with you, but know this, he's already half way there without knowing it. Razz

At the moment we are experimenting with totem twisting, leatherworking drums and also heroism rotation stuff. So yeah, we're gonna talk this over but I think you've got a fan already.

No brain button smasher extra ordinaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imbatron.nu

PostSubject: Re: Karma - Enhancement Shaman   Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:56 am

Been told by a friend to grab this shammy asap. And he usually gives good advice Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karma - Enhancement Shaman   

Back to top Go down

Karma - Enhancement Shaman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood of the Elders :: General :: Applications-
Jump to: