Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minarva

PostSubject: Minarva - Holy Paladin   Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:39 am

Character name/race/class

Minarva Silverwings, Human Paladin

Talent build, i.e. X/X/X.

For PvE I tend to use 42/11/8 (found .

Please explain why you have chosen your talent build and what you consider to be it's strengths and weaknesses.

My holy PvE build offers improved blessings for everything, while offering the 3% crit judgement that is relatively easy to keep up most of the time for a much higher raid dps, points can be swapped in and out for your needs, even for improved concentration aura, but the core holy bit stays similar at any rate, speccing Holy isn't very complicated. My two protection builds offer two different things, one is optimised for mitigation and MH (49/12) where as the other is optimised for dps races, enabling TPS figures of up to and including 2k.

Would you be willing to respecc for the good of the guild and discuss your build with officers who have the proper knowledge?

Yes, I respec all the time anyway. I would even be willing to go ret if its needed, I have good bits of ret gear here and there such as soul cleaver.

Comments regarding your gear setup, is there a plan behind it, i.e. more emphasis on AP than hit or is it randomly put together because it was the best you could find?

My gear is PvP gear, which many argue is not all that great for PvE, but I would beg to differ. With the nature of the gear, it is almost impossible for me to die, and my Spell crit is very high, replacing the missing mp5. I would of course, use T6 if I had it. With the type of gear I use, Holy Light spam is very favourable, to the point where i often just use HL 7. The S3/4 setup is however, stronger than Tier 5 in my opinion and I do have bits of PvE gear in my inventory anyway, such as the MH shield I use. I gem mainly for +heal +mp5 to make up for the lack of passive mana regeneration in the gear setup and try to balance it.

If your standard gear do not give you a raid buffed hp of 10k (no Blood Pact) or more, do you have raid quality gear to swap in to bring it to this amount of above?

All my main gear sets bring me above 10k hp without a single buff.

What resistance gear sets do you have?

I have an illidan Flame tank set (365 FR and uncrittable) and I have a shadow resistance set (including legs and cloak).

Do you have your lvl 70 Medallion of the Alliance?

I have the 40 resilience one.

How many nights per week can you attend raids? (Current 25-man raid days are tuesday, wednesday, thursday, sunday)

All apart from Thursdays, although these may free up.

Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community.

4/5 MH with many Archi wipes, totalling around 100 I think, and 4/9 BT with 5/9 experience. I went to Sunwell once with Nightfall and got Kalecgos to 40%. I raided with hooligans to achieve this progression and before that I raided with Immortality. I have killed everything up to this and have done a successful bear run as a paladin tank.

Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community.

Hooligans was becoming extremly stressful and it was obvious something was going to give, eventually Hooligans died, although I left just before.

How important is loot to you? And why?

Not very important, I have all the pretty looking bits of loot (S3 shoulders look identical to T6) and I loot for prettiness. On a serious note, my gear is fine for the rest of BT and MH, and my tankadin gear is fine for anything a tankadin could be called for in game within reason and so loot is not important to me. My drive during raiding is to experience new content with a group of people I get along with and enjoy talking to.

Do you agree with our policies? And our expectations of being prepared for every raid?

Yes of course...not much more to say here...

Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc).

My name is Alex and I live in Brighton, England which is on the south coast around 2 hours by train away from London. I play rugby for my local club and I swim often, I used to swim for my county. Now I use these swimming skills to teach swim teachers how to teach as a part time job. For the rest of my time, I am a secretary and luckily this job follows the school holidays as we are never short staffed during them so they can afford to let me share the holidays for a smaller pay if I am on call. I also kickbox and am about 6 months away from testing for my equivalent black belt.

How did you hear about BotE and what are you expectations of the guild?

I saw you on the realm forums and I have no real expectations of the guild, just to have fun and enjoy their raiding is all someone can ask for really?

Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?

I actually have no idea, but it is likely someone may have known me for the not all to nice person I used to be (especially Immortality). Please I ask any person who did to not have any preconceptions and to judge me for what I am now, its not really very fair to never be given a second chance.

Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?

Er..I like pie.
Back to top Go down
Minarva

PostSubject: Re: Minarva - Holy Paladin   Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:41 am

Forgot to mention I am 20 years old, sorry! And I was going to colour it in to make it pretty, but I forgot and then submitted Sad
Back to top Go down
Minika

PostSubject: Re: Minarva - Holy Paladin   Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:23 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minarva

PostSubject: Re: Minarva - Holy Paladin   Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:32 am

Eh yeah forgot the armoury link, and I will be willing to swap my tank MH exalted ring for holy MH exalted ring if wanted. Oh and I forgot to add that pre TBC i raided with thrillseekers getting up to neffy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minarva - Holy Paladin   Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Hey there paladin, who has almost the same name as one of my alts :p
Anyways, good luck on your application! cheers
Back to top Go down
Minarva

PostSubject: Re: Minarva - Holy Paladin   Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Thank you for the kind words, if anyone has any questions they can feel free to ask here or ingame, and what name is your alt? Is it minariel by chance? Or Minerva.
Back to top Go down
Ylve

PostSubject: Re: Minarva - Holy Paladin   Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:57 am

Minarva is one of the best paladins tank I've come to know, singlehandly tanking whole waves in MH, having one of the higest tps that I've ever seen and knowing his class every trick. He got a strange sense of humor, but it's a small fee to pay for such a excellent player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minarva

PostSubject: Re: Minarva - Holy Paladin   Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:15 am

Thanks Ylve <3, but I think it would be nice for a change of pace and back to holy, these guys need holy paladins so Holy I shall be etc. while Prot is something I can give on the side to that where needed. My humour isn't that bad though bounce
Back to top Go down
Frenkie
Sir Kinky Of Kinkyland

PostSubject: Re: Minarva - Holy Paladin   Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:45 am

i like strange humor! I R frenkie gnome of humor and badasses!!! weeeeeeeeeeeee cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minarva

PostSubject: Re: Minarva - Holy Paladin   Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:50 am

There's a...kinkyland..?

Oh and Im willing to be fulltime protection in MH seeing as you have been doing it the hard way (seriously..too much work for you lot to do it hard way).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minarva - Holy Paladin   

Back to top Go down

Minarva - Holy Paladin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood of the Elders :: General :: Applications-
Jump to: