Blood of the Elders

A WoW raid guild on Argent Dawn EU

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kins

PostSubject: Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest   Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:33 pm

Character name/race/class -
Kinsalae/ Draenei/ Priest

Talent build-
20/41/0

Please explain why you have chosen your talent build and what you consider to be it's strengths and weaknesses.
I have been playing around with different builds over the last couple of weeks but if I do start raiding again I will settle on a circle of healing build or improved divine spirit as requested by the priest/healing class leader.
CoH really is essential for end game raiding but I do like to bring the extra buff to a raid that IDS offers even though overall total individual healing tends to be reduced.

Would you be willing to respec for the good of the guild and discuss your build with officers who have the proper knowledge?
If a class leader/raid leader was to ask me to respec at anytime then I would be more than happy to do so.

Comments regarding your gear setup, is there a plan behind it, i.e. more emphasis on AP than hit or is it randomly put together because it was the best you could find?
My gear setup has always been aimed at finding a nice balance between +healing +mp5 and +haste - something that I feel I have managed to achieve.

If your standard gear do not give you a raid buffed hp of 10k (no Blood Pact) or more, do you have raid quality gear to swap in to bring it to this amount of above?
I have several sets of gear that I carry around with me. These include standard healing gear, haste set, improved stamina set etc.

What resistance gear sets do you have?
Maxed out resistance sets include - shadow, arcane and fire.

Do you have your level 70 Medallion of the Alliance?
Yes

How many nights per week can you attend raids? (Current 25-man raid days are Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday)
3 nights a week is perfect. I come from a background of raiding 5-6 nights per week.

Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community.
All TBC raid content cleared up to and including Felmyst in SWP.

Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community.
Within the last six months our guild on Moonglade folded *cry* and as the choice of raiding guilds on MG was decidedly limited a small group of guild friends decided to join a real life friend over on a pve server.
Having played on an RP server for over 2 years it came as a huge culture shock to move to this environment and I am pretty sure that its going to cost me a fortune in therapy to remove the memories of seeing players called "Healffs" in guilds called "istabyourface".......
If im totally honest I hated almost every minute of it and rather than move back to MG (something that I still feel would have been a backwards step) we decided that AD would be a good place to call our new home.
So....here I am....battered and beaten and looking for a nice group of people to reaffirm my belief that rp servers are the ONLY way to play WoW.

How important is loot to you? And why?
Loot means everything to me. Geif epiz plz.
Ok sorry - bad joke I know. To be totally honest I have never been and never will be loot orientated. For me this game is about progress and loot is a by product of that progress. Like everyone else I do like shiny things but I feel you have to earn them by working hard and TBH I would rather see Illidan die than see his loot table (if that makes sense). The catch 22 in this game though is that progression is - for a large part based on gear - and as such we need the gear to progress but as I say - that gear should be "earned".
Oh dear I did promise myself that I would keep these answers short and it all started off so well....

Do you agree with our rules, dkp system and our expectations of being prepared for every raid?
Of course.

Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc).
Oh wow. Well lets just say im a "mature" gamer *cough* and that im defiantly over 18.
I come from Perth in Scotland and I am currently recovering from a long term illness which means I have had to cut back on doing some of the things I love which include snowboarding, hill walking, swimming and drinking with my buddies.
The up side of being ill is that I have had A LOT of time to do all my other favourite things which include playing WoW, reading, and THINKING about snowboarding

How did you hear about BotE and what are you expectations of the guild?
In one of lifeís strange little coincidences I bumped into Frenkie not long after I moved over here and we started chatting. One thing led to another and pretty soon he was telling me that he was part of a rather awesome guild with real nice people in it - what more need I say?
What I expect? Friendship, a fun but professional raiding environment and perhaps even cookies?

Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?
No - just Frenkie.

Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?
Its very important that that myself and my fellow cast aways stick together as we have been through so much over the past few months. As such I not only offer you my friendship but the friendship of 2 other splendid fellows (I can assure you that they donít talk as much as me).

I look forward to hearing from you guys in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Minarva

PostSubject: Re: Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest   Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frenkie
Sir Kinky Of Kinkyland

PostSubject: Re: Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest   Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:57 pm

We had a talk, about coincidence, servers, fun, and all stuff that make this game fun for us.

we both share(d) the same goals, likes and dislikes in any atmosphere in here Smile seeing how you answered nicely on the question that are simple although fair and straightforward, you managed to answer them correctly and i have no eyebrows going up Smile

You got my vote and i think you already have others, now make those friends of yours get on the blood of the elders train and make a nice application to have you all in here asap Smile

small/kind regards Frenkie.

I say: "NO" Because its shorter then "Yes"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iridi

PostSubject: Re: Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest   Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:14 am

Welcome to the forums and hope you get invited Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melony

PostSubject: Re: Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest   Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:19 am

Hey Kinsalae!

Nice to finaly see your application :-)
I hope i will see Malooki and Hogarth apllication soon Very Happy

Best regards Melony

Last edited by Melony on Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minika

PostSubject: Re: Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest   Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:50 am

hello! Fellow Moonglader!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erektoor

PostSubject: Re: Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest   Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:56 am

Uhuh, welcome afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celebrion

PostSubject: Re: Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest   Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:04 am

Welcome to the forum.

I ran <Equilibrium> on Moonglade Horde since the birth of the realm until about 11 months ago when several of us rerolled Alliance side here on AD.

I began my WoW "career" on a PVE realm called Thunderhorn when the game launched, so I understand your pain somewhat. AD is a spectacular realm in comparison and is a much more rich and diverse community that Moonglade ever was. Good choice on AD, and goodluck with your app.

/vote yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kins

PostSubject: Re: Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest   Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 am

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

As both Hag and myself were PvP junkies many many moons ago we both remember <Equilibrium> from pre cross server BG days (we both missed Commander rank by a whisker). In fact i think i still have some of the bruises you all left me with.....

Im really excited at the thought of raiding with you and looking forward to making some good friends to quest together with in WotLK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest   

Back to top Go down

Application for membership from Kinsalae - Priest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood of the Elders :: General :: Applications-
Jump to: