Blood of the Elders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood of the Elders

A WoW raid guild on Argent Dawn EU

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Togusa - Frost Mage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Togusa

Togusa - Frost Mage Empty
PostSubject: Togusa - Frost Mage   Togusa - Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:45 pm

Character name/race/class
Togusa – Human - Mage

Talent build
I am a frost mage with 2/0/59

Please explain why you have chosen your talent build and what you consider to be its strengths and weaknesses.
Over my course of playing this game in the number of years I have played it I have moved from arcane to fire and then frost, I consider frost my favourite, being able to have the extra protection and the ability to speed up casting time, summon an elemental to help, unlike fire usually we crit for less but we do crit more often to make up for this fact, this could spike threat but playing a frost mage for a while you learn to control and know roughly how much extra threat each bolt will cause. Also with the two in arcane as some bosses have resistances and this will help.

Would you be willing to respecc for the good of the guild and discuss your build with officers who have the proper knowledge?
Indeed, I have no objections changing I know talents and shot rotations of each of the specs and can hold up my end, although I will be required to change a couple of pieces and re-enchant my weapon, but I will not mind changing.

Comments regarding your gear setup, is there a plan behind it, i.e. more emphasis on AP than hit or is it randomly put together because it was the best you could find?
Mainly choosing hit rating I find that it is safer to go for the max of your hit rating first, a resist can severely weaken your DPS if they keep resisting currently I believe I am 10 or so away, then I increase my Spell damage with the darkmoon faire card that will increase it again by 80 when fully in use.
My cape…. That is a story in its self.. every time I go anywhere with Togusa to get a new one it never drops.. I have not seen it I have mats ready to do an enchant but feel it will be a waste on this type of cloak and so am still waiting.

If your standard gear do not give you a raid buffed hp of 10k (no Blood Pact) or more, do you have raid quality gear to swap in to bring it to this amount of above?
I do have other pieces of gear to switch to increase my health, I will also use different food to increase this instead of spell damage,

What resistance gear sets do you have?
None

Do you have your lvl 70 Medallion of the Alliance?
Afraid I only have the insignia of the alliance, but can Ice block and cold snap Ice block again (after waiting 30 seconds) to help avoid more trouble

How many nights per week can you attend raids? (Current 25-man raid days are tuesday, wednesday, thursday, sunday)
All of them, currently nothing planned that can interfere in the near forcible future

Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community.
Beholders of Divinity is my previous raid guild, we have Cleared Kara, Gruul, Magtheridon’s Lair, along with now 5/6 in SSC with a good understanding of Vashj (we got her down to 1%), 3 /4 in The Eye
And the first boss down in Mount Hyjal and second at around 20%.

Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community.
Unfortunately the week after we got vashj to 1% there where serious signing up issues with people not signing up and the raid leaders begging some people they became annoyed and decided to call it and stop all raiding.

How important is loot to you? And why?
To be fair everyone loves loot and wants to get better gear, including me. I know without it progression in a raid will be slower or stop completely, and also it looks better, well most of it, but I don’t loot everyone if someone has been wanting something for ages or much better an upgrade for another member I will pass.

Do you agree with our policies? And our expectations of being prepared for every raid?
You should always be prepared for every raid, without them it will be hard to advance, I have a alchemist that makes all my mana pots and flasks, and Togusa is my enchanter to enable me to put the best enchants on my rings.

Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc).
I am Human and 20 and British.
Currently at University studying computer Programming.
I enjoy watching Anime, playing games with mates build computers.
Currently reading a book by Robin Hobb (Renegade’s Magic) and that entire storyline over al three books sums by likes and dislikes up I feel.

How did you hear about BotE and what are you expectations of the guild?
Heard about it in general chat

Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?
Afraid not

Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?
Friendly person that although can have a laugh I will get down to the point and focus when the time calls for it.
Back to top Go down
Minika

Minika

PostSubject: Re: Togusa - Frost Mage   Togusa - Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Togusa

PostSubject: Re: Togusa - Frost Mage   Togusa - Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 6:19 pm

I would like to apologise, after re-reading my application again after I submitted it I noticed spelling errors or plan errors in my choice of words, unfortunately I cannot change this now, and say that I have never been the best at explaining things amazingly well, as well as being diagnosed as being dyslexic.
Back to top Go down
Eivör

Eivör

PostSubject: Re: Togusa - Frost Mage   Togusa - Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:41 am

Togusa wrote:
Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?
Afraid not
Guess you haven't checked the member list... Razz

Simply put, this guy is brilliant. Lyn and I raided with him in Keepers of the Pig back before we joined BotE. Togu is a great guy to be around, he knows what he's doing and he's damn good at it too. If we're to take in a frost mage, this is the guy we want!

- Eiv
Back to top Go down
Glalyn

Glalyn

PostSubject: Re: Togusa - Frost Mage   Togusa - Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:10 am

TOGS!!

*huggles and kisses and huggles some more*

How you've been?! Missed you lots!

As Eiv has already stated, this guy is great and knows his shit.. He would fit perfectly into our little loony family..
Back to top Go down
Voldzam

Voldzam

PostSubject: .   Togusa - Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 5:02 am

"this guy is great and knows his shit"

Well people who study their own droppings have always fascinated me, the officers are gonna discuss your application and we'll get back to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imbatron.nu
Celebrion

Celebrion

PostSubject: Re: Togusa - Frost Mage   Togusa - Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:56 am

Where does the name Togusa come from? Seems awfully familiar!!
Back to top Go down
Togusa

PostSubject: Re: Togusa - Frost Mage   Togusa - Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:52 am

Eivor and Glalyn, i had no idea you where both here, thats great i lvoe you two Smile
I have been great thanks and now much happier that two amazing people are also in here.

also in response to Celebrion, i said i watch Anime ;P the name Togusa is from one of the group of people that work in Section 9 in the anime.

Anyway thank you for the kind words and glad i know you two are here, and yes i am kinda loony too.
Back to top Go down
Togusa

PostSubject: Re: Togusa - Frost Mage   Togusa - Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:21 am

I am an idiot ... Ghost in the Shell
there we go ;P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Togusa - Frost Mage   Togusa - Frost Mage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Togusa - Frost Mage
Page 1 of 1