Blood of the Elders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood of the Elders

A WoW raid guild on Argent Dawn EU

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The priest that got away is back.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ylve

The priest that got away is back. Empty
PostSubject: The priest that got away is back.   The priest that got away is back. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Character name/race/class

Ylve, Dorf Shadowpriest

Talent build, i.e. X/X/X.

Please explain why you have chosen your talent build and what you consider to be it's strengths and weaknesses.

It's simply the most balanced build I've tried. It got everything I need. It's strength is ofcourse the heavy support advantage given to
fellow raidmembers via the mana regen and the Misery and Shadow Weaving debuffs. Also, I can pounce out alot of dps for a hybrid dps.
The disavantages with this is that I am not a pure dps class, I cant do the massive dps as a mage or rogue can.

Would you be willing to respecc for the good of the guild and discuss your build with officers who have the proper knowledge?

Yes, but it would take some very heavy arguments to make me respecc, and then only still being a shadowpriest. I do not intend to change my main role in the raid.

Comments regarding your gear setup, is there a plan behind it, i.e. more emphasis on AP than hit or is it randomly put together because it was the best you could find?

I am currently trying a spell haste setup, I've sacrificed some basic stats, spell hit(still capped) and spell damage(lost about 30) for about 100 spell haste, it seems to be working
very nicely. other than that I am keep adding to spell hit and damage as I go along.

If your standard gear do not give you a raid buffed hp of 10k (no Blood Pact) or more, do you have raid quality gear to swap in to bring it to this amount of above?

Yep, but if you're refering to the Naj'entus fight, I also have my shield up each time the boubble bursts.

What resistance gear sets do you have?

I have the Medallion of Karabor and Nights End as shadow res gear. No other res gear atm.

Do you have your lvl 70 Medallion of the Alliance?

Ofc.

How many nights per week can you attend raids? (Current 25-man raid days are tuesday, wednesday, thursday, sunday)

Everyone you've mentioned. Unless my boyfriend is feeling lonely I will be able to attend 3-4 raids a week.

Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community.

Well, I wont be getting into the raid experience that I got while raiding with Sedana and Voldzam, but with Hooligans I've taken down both Vashj and Kael, so I got my fancy title and the
shadow res necklace. I've been up to Archimonde in MH, where we've been training for a very long time, he's though and there's always someone who's new to the fight with us who dont have
the brains to run from fire and stay away from the same thing during fears. we've also got some progress in BT, the two first ofc, as well as Akama, Gorefiend and Bloodboil, and we've tried on
RoS, and I've both read and watched the tactics for all the other bosses in BT.

Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community.

I wont go into the raiding guilds that I was in before Hooligans,since I am a lazy girl and Voldzam allready knows why, since he where there! I am not sure of what have happened to Hooligans,
when I joined they where a happy bunch of players who played the game for the fun of it, and aimed at progress in the end game instances. Nowadays there's a lot of negative feelings,
mostly when it comes to screwing up in raids and not being there to begin with. I dont think that you can have progress with a negative mindset, it feels like people are just waiting for someone
to screw up so they can start yelling and birching about how awful everyone is. It's a powderkeg ready to blow. I cant enjoy myself in such a raidingenviroment. I really miss the way the guild was when
I first joined, then everyone where having fun together and just wanted to try on new challanges, but as it is now, I cant see an end to this negativity that exists in the guild.
Some of my better friends have allready left Hoolz, so I dont feel that I leave too many mates of mine behind.

How important is loot to you? And why?

Loot is a tool needed for progress.

Do you agree with our policies? And our expectations of being prepared for every raid?

It fits my expectations on my fellow raidmembers.

Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc).

Well, some of you allready know me as Annika and I'm 25 years of age, I'm from a island named Gotland, belonging to Sweden. I am currently working as a
activity leader at a viking village, where I teach children and youths about the viking age. In my spare time I enjoy my Nintendo DS,
and playing retro games. I listen to slayradio.org, and I go for a 2 hour walk every weekday when I am not working. I got my own appartment
where I live with my sambo, who also are a wowplayer. I dont own any pets, but we're buying a cat this summer and we're intending to buy some fishes
as well (great combo!).

How did you hear about BotE and what are you expectations of the guild?

Sedana told me the moment you where created, unfortunatly I had joined Hoolz a week before and I wanted a strict and diciplined guild at the time,
something that I found in Hoolz. I expect a friendly raidenviroment where everyone does what is required of them, and wants to progress.

Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?

More than I can count on one hand.

Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?

Let's bring Elvis back into raiding. Yes, only a few will understand what I mean with that ^^
Back to top Go down
Sedana
Admin
Sedana

PostSubject: Re: The priest that got away is back.   The priest that got away is back. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Ylve... Ylve... hmm where do I know that name... Oh yes! It's the fredags-räka!

*hugs* lol!
Back to top Go down
Ylva

PostSubject: Re: The priest that got away is back.   The priest that got away is back. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:32 am

I would just like to add that Hooligans is in the midst of a disband, so I got some stuff from the guildbank in return for the dedication I've put in the guild. I only need one Heart of Darkness to be able to craft a complete Soulguard set, ie I am completly geared for the Mother Shahraz fight. I'll be grinding the primals I need today ^^
Back to top Go down
Eloff

Eloff

PostSubject: Re: The priest that got away is back.   The priest that got away is back. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:29 am

Hi Ylve, nice to see more and more old DA members starting to get together again. Smile

(Two people I'm still missing is Moon and Rain, I'm counting on you to keep on working on that Nympf)
Back to top Go down
Nymphéas

Nymphéas

PostSubject: Re: The priest that got away is back.   The priest that got away is back. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi Ylve, nice to see another familier face Smile

Eloff im trying my best... but the fish aint biteing , think the divers are using bigger bait, they just got Tzarina to
Back to top Go down
Garantio

Garantio

PostSubject: Re: The priest that got away is back.   The priest that got away is back. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:16 am

Sedana wrote:
Ylve... Ylve... hmm where do I know that name... Oh yes! It's the fredags-räka!

Ermm... Friday-shrimp? Did you eat her with beer? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The priest that got away is back.   The priest that got away is back. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The priest that got away is back.
Page 1 of 1