Blood of the Elders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood of the Elders

A WoW raid guild on Argent Dawn EU

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application; Combat rogue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dezyne

Application; Combat rogue Empty
PostSubject: Application; Combat rogue   Application; Combat rogue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:31 pm

Character name/race/class:
Dezyne, Night elf, rogue

Talent build:
5/51/5

Please explain why you have chosen your talent build and what you consider to be it's strengths and weaknesses:
It wasn't easy to spec for 3.0! All these new things to take into account.. Not all too found of Killing Spree myself just yet, but haven't seen it in action enough to have a proper judgment on that. Other than that I think my spec's pretty alright, quite close to my former (and common) combat build. The strength lies in the strong and effective Sinister Strikes, whilst keeping Slice and Dice and Rupture up, alongside ofcourse fancy melee hits. The weakness of this build however is that it's weak in bursts and not as versatile as mutilate or subtlety.

Would you be willing to respecc for the good of the guild and discuss your build with officers who have the proper knowledge?
Ofcourse, actually, would be great if I could get any hints or tips on my current build since it's all still quite blurry for me. From what I've heard, read and tried however, this seems like the build the raid would benefit most of; a sustainable and high amount of DPS.

Comments regarding your gear setup, is there a plan behind it, i.e. more emphasis on AP than hit or is it randomly put together because it was the best you could find?
Have my gear balanced out now, I had stacked way up to 350+ hit rating, which actually is a huge waste on other stats at my current gear level, so I traded quite a few for armor ignore and some agility, now balancing out to a nice hit proportion.

If your standard gear do not give you a raid buffed hp of 10k (no Blood Pact) or more, do you have raid quality gear to swap in to bring it to this amount of above?
If I swap out a trinket and neck I have 10k unbuffed, but buffed I should certainly be able to push my 9344 HP up to 10k.

What resistance gear sets do you have?
None, I'm afraid. I do have spare badges to start one?

Do you have your lvl 70 Medallion of the Alliance?
I do, but not the epic one though, that wasn't available back when I PvPed.

How many nights per week can you attend raids? (Current 25-man raid days are tuesday, thursday, sunday)
Tuesday and Thursday are perfect, however Sunday will be an issue half of the time. But I raid that two raids were required, and it will be no problem to attend at least two a week at all.

Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community:
I have raided with Alliance Assembly, The Tempest, BoD and Salvation. I've seen and cleared Kara, 5/6 ZA, 3/4 TK and 3/6 SSC.

Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community.
BoD stopped raiding, and I was removed from Salvation for standing up to the guild leader; my applying friend had been ignored for two weeks and withdrew his application to Salvation, to which I replied with my disappoint on the application thread. This however was a public place and not the just place to show my anger, so I regret posting it on there. I however do not regret leaving Salvation; I did not feel appreciated or at home, which for me is vital for a good guild and raid.

How important is loot to you? And why?
May sound odd, but loot is of no importance to me whatsoever. Especially with WotLK coming up, we'll all be replacing that stuff with greenies the second we ding 71 anyways. But I've always felt this way about loot; I want to raid to kill the bosses and have a good time, a challenge. It's however mandatory to improve gear quality to help the raid (and you personally) improve, hence I won't pass on everything that I see drop ;-)

Do you agree with our rules, dkp system and our expectations of being prepared for every raid?
Yes I do.

Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc).
Alright, I'm Coen, live and study in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. I'm 20 years old, engaged and my girl's moved in with me almost 3 years ago. Apart from playing WoW I enjoy music very much, everywhere I go there goes my headphones, and when I'm not listening music through em I'm either showering, having it off or playing guitar. *cough* What did I say? o,O

How did you hear about BotE and what are you expectations of the guild?
I have seen several guys of you pass me by at the Scryer and Aldor bank, and the common gear of you has made me to /inspect every one of you lot I see. This little hope in me to see BT before WotLK screamed at me to try and apply to BotE, since especially with this 3.0 nerf on raids you'll be running it like Deadmines and I'd very much like to be part of that. The expectation I have of the guild is to make me feel at home and generally appreciated, you know, people replying if you say Hello, that kind of things. And ofcourse taking me to new places! Slay more meanies I've not slain before!

Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?
Nope, but paying 10g to anyone who would! *grin*

Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?
Think you got it all covered. I just want to add that I understand the rogue openings are in fact closed, which gives me an even slimmer chance to get in, but just so you know I'd understand if that were the reason for you to reject my application. Other than that; thank you for reading my application, and have a good night!
Back to top Go down
Dezyne

PostSubject: Uhh, yeah, Armory link!   Application; Combat rogue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Nymphéas

Nymphéas

PostSubject: Re: Application; Combat rogue   Application; Combat rogue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Dezyne

PostSubject: No I didn't rererere-read my application   Application; Combat rogue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:52 pm

Erh, "raid" should be "read" at the attendant-part, and with "common" at the expectation-part I don't mean common as in, ordinary, but I meant the average gear quality of you lot. Other than that it may look as though I've called my previous guild leader names or anything, but I didn't, it just stated I was "highly disappointed in the way my friend is treated" and concluded with "this then is your loss, and not his". Not all too friendly, no, but regarding the time and effort I made to the raids by far not worth an immediate kick - a warning or frown would have been appropriate.

But, suppose I should stop rererere-reading my app and tuck in ;-) Night nigh
Back to top Go down
Voldzam

Voldzam

PostSubject: .   Application; Combat rogue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Hey Dezyne. We have sort of a recruitment lock down at the moment. And we haven't had the need for any rogues towards the end of tbc since most of us are pretty active. You do seem like a nice guy and it's not impossible that we'll end up needing rogues when Wotlk arrives.

This isn't a definate no though, gonna check with the other officers first. Just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know that I've read the application.

Talk to you soon
Back to top Go down
http://www.imbatron.nu
Dezyne

PostSubject: Oh oh oh   Application; Combat rogue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:00 pm

Oh and I killed Maggy and Gruul ofcourse, forgot to mention those. But I'm making a fool out of meself.. *sigh* Again.

Thank you for replying to me in such an incredible short notice! I'll stand by for the definite no then.. I mean. Or definite yes. Maybe?
Back to top Go down
Frenkie
Sir Kinky Of Kinkyland
Frenkie

PostSubject: Re: Application; Combat rogue   Application; Combat rogue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:16 pm

look its a fellow dutchie that states he killed maggy and gruul as extra note and then applies to a T6 rading guild (well at least before the nerf it actually felt something like that) Smile

Hai Coen!

Dont mind the silly gnome. just passing by Smile

We will discuss this app, and come back to you like the voldman said.

groetjes!
Back to top Go down
Celebrion

Celebrion

PostSubject: Re: Application; Combat rogue   Application; Combat rogue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Hello man!

We have decided to turn down your application because we do not wish to recruit any more rogues at the moment.

If you are 80 fast, and still wish to apply during WOTLK, then feel free to apply again!

Good luck in your adventures.
Back to top Go down
Dezyne

PostSubject: Re: Application; Combat rogue   Application; Combat rogue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:37 pm

Awh, alright, that's too bad. T'is a shame them rogue spots are all filled!

Anyways, thank you for getting back to me and giving it at least a thought. Too bad it didn't work out, but hey, better luck next time!

Take care!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application; Combat rogue   Application; Combat rogue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application; Combat rogue
Page 1 of 1