Blood of the Elders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood of the Elders

A WoW raid guild on Argent Dawn EU

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feral Druid Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Celebrio

Feral Druid Application Empty
PostSubject: Feral Druid Application   Feral Druid Application Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:55 pm

::: Character.

Celebrion, Night Elf Druid

::: Talent build.

0 / 47 / 14

::: Please explain why you have chosen your talent build.

Provides the most desirable combination of bonuses to both DPS and threat generation in PVE scenarios. My aim for this druid is to operate in an off-tank OR melee DPS role, something which was considered before the character was even created.

Strengths are reasonably obvious here, however weaknesses depend on your knowledge of the class. No points spent in reducing shifting mana cost is arguably a weakness as it means the druid will not be able to powershift as much (the act of single clicking a macro to go from cat to cat generate 40 energy instantly after the global cooldown). In practice, this may be something to consider changing.

::: Would you be willing to respec for the good of the guild?

Yes, team first, individual second. Just not Balance please *grin*. A few weeks re-gearing would be essential if I were to dedicate Resto or Balance.

::: Comments regarding your gear setup.

Armory: eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Argent+Dawn&n=Celebrion (Having issues linking things here for some reason)

Gear level is adequate for T4 Dungeons as both OT and DPS, and the earlier encounters in the T5 phase Dungeons as melee dps only, although there is much room for improvement both in terms of operating as a Tank and as Melee DPS.

This character does need several weeks of regular Karazhan in order to be more appropriately geared, factoring in badge rewards.

Key Tank Stats:

-15.5k Raid Buffed Health
-19.8k Self Buffed Armor
-26% raid buffed dodge (approximate)
-160 Resilience

Key Melee Stats:

-2700+ FAP self buffed
-28.07% Crit self buffed
-83 Hit
-11.2k HP raid buffed.

::: How many nights per week can you attend raids?

As Eilrion may have mentioned, this is where I might have an issue. My RL is thus that I will not practically be able to commit in advance to more than one raid per week (Karazhan initially whilst I improve the character). Sometimes I will be online and available for all 3 25-man sessions, meaning if there is a short-fall in signups or no-shows, I am there ready to take a slot, however there will also be some weeks whereby due to work, girlfriend and study commitments I just cannot justify the free time.

::: Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community.

Are ye sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin.

My WOW experience began when the game went live in Europe back in Feb 2005. I played as a Night Elf Hunter on Thunderhorn EU PVE that is now renamed and transferred here to AD as “Celebrian” (you see what I did there? *grin*). This character saw MC and nothing more. Currently idle at level 61. I took a hiatus from WOW to focus on the end of my degree, only to return 4 months later to test out the idea of being a super powerful shaman. Intent on levelling only to 20, I began in earnest on Moonglade EU RP realm. Engessa Lighthoof, Protector of The Balance was my guise.

You can see the old Tauren here: eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonglade&n=Engessa

Whilst on Moonglade, I stumbled across Orc Shaman, Orgarok (now known as Legebrion) and for some odd reason we decided to form a small levelling guild, with Orgarok as Warrior class leader. Yep thats right, my bad. Equilibrium was born as an ideal and I was proud to GM her for over 2 years. We cleared MC 9 months after the realm had opened back in 2006, yet saw a decline in interest for the tougher content. We peaked with a BWL raid killing Razorgore. TBC arrived and everything changed. We managed to take down GL, and Lurker, as well as the odd World Boss, but due to a slow drip feed of good members to the only other genuinely good raiding guild around, we took the decision in late 2007 to call it a day, and make a new home here.

::: Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community.

I currently hold the GM position for the group of people that travelled over from Moonglade. The guild is named Equitas (the site I threw together is located here "www.eqguild.eu"). I sadly haven’t the time nor inclination to rebuild a healthy and successful guild again so the time has come to pass on the duty to someone else who can steer the community in the right direction. I have arranged for two very worthy old friends to take over regardless of whether or not this application is successful.

I have precious free time recently and I also want to explore an area of the game always denied me via way of my role as a GM. I know how to play the classes that I play, and am a quick learner when improvement is needed and as such I want to spend my game time in as active and focused as manner as is healthy.
I do not intend to abandon good friends entirely, and I am someone who will play alts, but not at the expense of my Main, thus I will keep my “little ones” sensibly active with Equitas as a means to keep in good contact with important people.

::: How important is loot to you and why?

Loot is a means to an end. Its a necessary fact of life in World of Warcaft that loot = great possibilities for a character, thus I consider loot and the “gearing up” process as 100% all about improving ones ability to do what is needed in a group environment. Other than that, I just like to look damn good. *grin*

::: Do you agree with our policies and our expectations of being prepared for every raid?

Yes. I am an openly critical person if I believe something is not being handled correctly. I also have a large large large amount of experience in Guild Mastery (2 years+) and as such, am very well aware of the stresses and difficulties that come with the task of running a guild with raiding ambitions. Your current policies are safe, sensible and above all else, good old fashioned common sense. Only thing I might ask is that if you find yourself stood staring at a Legendary drop from Illidan, how are you going to handle it? No need to reply, its just something which from my experience if not catered for can cause issues.

::: Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc).

Mike Thomas, English, 25, studying for a Masters in Digital Art & Technology (www.mikerst.com). I am a Graphic Designer by profession and my aim is to work in the videogames industry as a designer, academic, or commentator. I am heavily in to games theory and games studies and am just putting the finishing touches on a paper regarding Virtual Worlds. I am also in the process of setting up a dev team to work on some gaming ideas as part of my Final Major due in October.

::: How did you hear about BotE and what are your expectations of the guild?

Initially through doing a /who Eilrion *grin*.

My expectations are that this guild provides a focused and *mature* environment for the sensibly paced progression through end-game WOW content, as well as good laughs on vent and a light-hearted attitude. Raid hard and raid well, but do so with a grin and a smile. WOW is more than just a game about raiding, and as such I expect that the RP nature of Argent Dawn be respected by all the guilds members. I also want to spend time putting effort in to the team that also respects RL as a priority. If I need to be AFK for 2 weeks finishing some work I’d like to know that this is understood and that my guild slot is safe. Hilarious use of puns in guild chat is a must, as well as consistent abuse for all of Gnome-kind, filthy little ankle-biters!

::: Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?

Legebrion – my WOW Brother and first officer always.
Eilrion – The man who shouldered the responsibility for my entire guild when I was bungy jumping in New Zealand for 3 months. Nice work.
Zraca – Ex-boomkin and aggro magnet.
Frenkie – ex-healer and dedicated servant *grin*
Minika - ex-Warlock and nutty civilian.
Aerion – Ex Warrior and scourge of Sulfuron

::: Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?

Nay....for now.

Celebrion.
Back to top Go down
Celebrio

PostSubject: Re: Feral Druid Application   Feral Druid Application Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 7:02 pm

Amusingly enough, I entered my username incorrectly. Should read as this one does.

Getting old or something. *grin*
Back to top Go down
Celebrio

PostSubject: Re: Feral Druid Application   Feral Druid Application Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 7:04 pm

And again. I guess the N key has had it on this keyboard.

Back to the Macbook Pro for me!

/CelebrioN
Back to top Go down
Frenkie
Sir Kinky Of Kinkyland
Frenkie

PostSubject: Re: Feral Druid Application   Feral Druid Application Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Mac = no mic? then no.

As you already know we are looking in your application with full force mate. Big step for you in the changes you make in transfer, i can only respect/admire this as an ingame pall.

Sit tight you'll hear from us soon.

oh and....Frenkie – ex-healer and dedicated servant *grin*

i will remember this sir! oh yes!

Last edited by Frenkie on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minika

Minika

PostSubject: Re: Feral Druid Application   Feral Druid Application Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 3:19 am

/salute
/bow
Back to top Go down
Eilrion

Eilrion

PostSubject: Re: Feral Druid Application   Feral Druid Application Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:48 am

Nice to see you decided to make the app mate, we'll be in touch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feral Druid Application   Feral Druid Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feral Druid Application
Page 1 of 1