Blood of the Elders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood of the Elders

A WoW raid guild on Argent Dawn EU

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surel, protection warrior

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Surel

Surel, protection warrior Empty
PostSubject: Surel, protection warrior   Surel, protection warrior Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:53 pm

Character name/race/class
Surel, Night Elf Warrior

Talent build
13/5/43

Please explain why you have chosen your talent build and what you consider to be it's strengths and weaknesses.
My current build is a variation on the standard level 70 protection spec, slightly favouring 5 man dungeons and raid offtanking (due to Improved Revenge, and not full points in Toughness, and Tactical Mastery 2/3). This is because I've been doing that for a long time. I leveled this character as prot form 1-70 (just look at my 2H weapon skills, they're shocking!)

Would you be willing to respecc for the good of the guild and discuss your build with officers who have the proper knowledge?
I would happily spec into Toughness if I were tanking some big things regularly. Any other parts of my spec... well, I would gladly discuss them with another warrior buff Very Happy I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to figuring out game mechanics!

Comments regarding your gear setup, is there a plan behind it, i.e. more emphasis on AP than hit or is it randomly put together because it was the best you could find?
I know in your recruitment post you asked for players with T5 or greater. Unfortunately I know that many of my slots do not have that standard. I have badge loot for bracers, cloak and chest, which are T5 or higher, and my trinkets are T5/T6 standard. I'm collecting badges now to change my legs to badge legs.
I admit I lack +hit, but I make up for this with a fair amount of Expertise. My weapon in the armory is for soloing, and usually I have Suneater for tanking. Soon I will be upgrading my shield for the exalted Shattered Sun shield.
In the bank I have a frost resistance set for 255 FR unbuffed, which I could improve with a frost armour patch on feet and shoulder enchant, to 270 FR. I still get 490 defense with that set.

How many nights per week can you attend raids? (Current 25-man raid days are tuesday, thursday, sunday)
I can raid at least 2 nights a week guaranteed, and probably also more than that.

Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community.
I've been out of a guild for a long time, but used to play in Dark Omen on Ravenholdt as officer and druid class leader, which which the premier Horde guild pre- and post-TBC until it disbanded last summer. After the disbanding I started to play more casually, and leveled up this warrior from 60. I used to raid as a priest/druid in both healing and tanking roles, and I have experience with most bosses in SSC/TK.

Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community.
That last guild disbanded in the Summer due to officer exhaustion.

How important is loot to you? And why?
I really enjoy progression, and I have enough experience to know that loot is only a fraction of the reason guilds progress. Team work and concentration are most of the reason! Loot are the rewards and do have a role in improving the guild/raid, but I'm happy whoever gets it. I will never cry (openly) about loot!

Do you agree with our policies? And our expectations of being prepared for every raid?
Wholly. When you're playing with 24 others, it's your own responsibility to make sure you are bringing the best of yourself.

Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc).
I'm 26, British, and a school teacher. I live in London and my main hobby, besides WoW, is middle to long distance running.

How did you hear about BotE and what are you expectations of the guild?
I saw the recruitment post on the forums

Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?
I'm sorry I don't Embarassed

Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?
The fact is I'm trying to find a nice raiding guild to join, as I really enjoy playing a warrior but have found it hard to get into a guild which doesn't already have its tanking spots filled. What I lack in SSC/TK gear, I think I make up for in dedication, knowledge of my character and "guild spirit". In my current gear I don't expect to be raiding MH/BT straight away, but I'm hoping that I could still be of interest to you.

If anyone would like to chat in-game I'd be happy for that too.

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Surel, protection warrior   Surel, protection warrior Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:16 am

Back to top Go down
Eloff

Eloff

PostSubject: Re: Surel, protection warrior   Surel, protection warrior Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:53 am

Thanks for your apply, the leaders will check it out as soon as possible

/Eloff
Back to top Go down
Surel

PostSubject: Re: Surel, protection warrior   Surel, protection warrior Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:27 am

I made a mistake quoting my spec ... it's actually 8 - 5 - 48 scratch

Looking forward to hearing back from you
Back to top Go down
Voldzam

Voldzam

PostSubject: .   Surel, protection warrior Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:32 am

This is not a definite answer just a comment regarding your application.

The only problem I can tell straight away is your gear. You would probably need to run the t5 places a bit more to collect tanking gear. Problem is we're shutting down our t5 raiding. It would however be possible to pick up some more gear from ZA and such, but we don't officially run those places, just spontaneous runs now and then for fun.

We will from now on focus on Hyjal and Black Temple, and your gear is not up to par for tanking those places.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imbatron.nu
Surel

PostSubject: Re: Surel, protection warrior   Surel, protection warrior Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 8:24 am

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I figured this might be the case, but still had some hope Smile

I'll keep my fingers crossed and await the final response
Back to top Go down
Voldzam

Voldzam

PostSubject: .   Surel, protection warrior Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:36 am

Hey Surel, sorry for the long wait time. We have turned your application down, this decision is based on your current gear level. You should try to find a guild who raid SSC/TK at the moment, I think we're a little too far ahead and since we're not doing those places on a regular basis it would be difficult to take you in.

Thanks for applying and good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imbatron.nu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surel, protection warrior   Surel, protection warrior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surel, protection warrior
Page 1 of 1