Blood of the Elders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood of the Elders

A WoW raid guild on Argent Dawn EU

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Protection Warrior Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Erektoor

Protection Warrior Application Empty
PostSubject: Protection Warrior Application   Protection Warrior Application Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:28 am

Character name/race/class
Erektoor, Dwarf Warrior

Talent build:
Semi-standard 8/5/48.

Please explain why you have chosen your talent build and what you consider to be it's strengths and weaknesses.

After some various tries with talents, I find this specc most suitable for the end-game tanking. It provides damage reduction as well as lowers rage cost of abilities, increasing threat in some situations. Other talents are pretty normal, maybe except improved Taunt ( I found it useful in some cases).

Would you be willing to respecc for the good of the guild and discuss your build with officers who have the proper knowledge?

Sure, of course. I was myself a class leader, and I am always up for discussing anything regarding my class.

Also, I don’t see a problem with respeccing, both to other protection build and dps build if it is needed. (I have full epic PvE gear , properly enchanted and gemmed.).

Comments regarding your gear setup, is there a plan behind it, i.e. more emphasis on AP than hit or is it randomly put together because it was the best you could find?

My preferences have changed over time, but now I am trying to keep good balance between HP, threat improving stats and avoidance.

I want to add that I have full frost resistance gear for hydross, and started gathering mats already for shadow resistance one.

Regarding my shield: I am aware of it, that's just bad luck for me. Haven't seen gruul dropping one and my past guilds weren't interested enough to kill 4th Zul'Aman boss. I am working already on exalted with SSO to grab at least this one until I get something better.

How many nights per week can you attend raids? (Current 25-man raid days are tuesday, thursday, sunday)

Those days are the same as in my last guild(Inner Circle), so in most cases I can attend all 3 days a week without a problem. : )

Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community.

I’ve raided with few communities, though most of my experience comes from Inner Circle. Here is the list of the encounters I went through:

- Gruul’s Lair 2/2
- Magtheridon’s Lair 1/1
- SSC 6/6
- TK 3/4 (VR, Solarian and Al’ar)
- MH 2/5 (Rage Winterchill and Anetheron)
- BT 1/9 (High Warlord Naj’entus)

Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community.

Short raids(2h-2h30m); due to changes in my school schedule - too late hours (21:30/22:00 - 0:00), wiping on bosses that we had ''on farm'', lack of focus on raids, not enough people signing for raids, almost no dkp reward on progress runs etc.

They are bunch of great people with very specific atmosphere in raids, but raids became waste of time, thus not much of fun.

How important is loot to you? And why?

Loot is part of the raiding, I don't find it either very important and useless - obviously that's not the first thing I raid for.

Do you agree with our policies? And our expectations of being prepared for every raid?

Yes , I do.

Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc).

I am 19 years old guy from Poland, although I live in Spain now. Rap music industry is one of my passions, with some newswriting for websites/magazines. I also love to play basketball and get drunk from time to time. Wink

How did you hear about BotE and what are you expectations of the guild?

I've seen your post on AD forums. I'd like to join a guild with steady progress and organised raids in, most important, mature but friendly and fun atmosphere. I am pretty sure it's 'Blood of the Elders'. Wink

Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?

Propably people who where in Dark Angels. Smile Voldzam, Cloudius, Nympheas and so on.

Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?

Maybe professions: I am 375 BS/Miner and I can craft some piecies, i.e Red belt of battle. Smile

Feel free to ask here or in-game if you have questions regarding ANYTHING more though . Smile

Thanks for reading!

/Erek
Back to top Go down
Frenkie
Sir Kinky Of Kinkyland
Frenkie

PostSubject: Re: Protection Warrior Application   Protection Warrior Application Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:34 am

Nice application.

We officers will check with eachother on the hows and do's regarding your application you'll hear back from us soon.

until then.

howdyhooo
Back to top Go down
Cloudius

Cloudius

PostSubject: Re: Protection Warrior Application   Protection Warrior Application Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 9:01 am

Go-go Erek Very Happy hope we could get you on the team Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Erektoor!   Protection Warrior Application Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 9:52 am

Oi oi, Erek! he's such a nice dwarf. Friendly and funny. I know him on a alt Wink. Very nice person indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Protection Warrior Application   Protection Warrior Application Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:37 am

Back to top Go down
Voldzam

Voldzam

PostSubject: .   Protection Warrior Application Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:05 pm

Hey Erektoor, we've checked your application now and discussed it. I will contact you either tomorrow or during next week in-game for a chat. We have BT tomorrow so I might be a little too busy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imbatron.nu
Erektoor

PostSubject: Re: Protection Warrior Application   Protection Warrior Application Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:52 am

Sure great. Thanks for replies Smile

I am not in a hurry so don' t worry.

Good luck in BT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protection Warrior Application   Protection Warrior Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protection Warrior Application
Page 1 of 1