Blood of the Elders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood of the Elders

A WoW raid guild on Argent Dawn EU

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avarkin - rogue application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Avarkin

Avarkin - rogue application Empty
PostSubject: Avarkin - rogue application   Avarkin - rogue application Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:31 am

Character name/race/class
Avarkin/Night Elf/Rogue
h**p://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Argent%20Dawn&n=Avarkin

Talent build
20/41/0

Please explain why you have chosen your talent build and what you consider to be it's strengths and weaknesses?
As I am fully focused on PVE I choose this build cause of many aspects that improve fighting against high lvl raid bosses.
About combat tree, Imp SS is a must, another 3 points in 1st tier talents I decided to put into Lightning Reflexes cause I see 3% dodge better for me than Imp Gouge. At 2nd tier talents I have gone for Imp SnD for simple reason SnD is the buff which should be all the time on us PVE rogues. 5 points in Precision to lower the Hit cap for white dmg cause reaching cap for specials is not so hard. Third and fourth tier is always a little mess for me except Dagger Spec (if u r dagger rogue) and Dual Wield Spec (which is a must to improve offhand dmg). There are always those 3 talent points you need to have to reach end of the tree but really you have no special use of them. Imp Sprint can be really useful in some situations but I decided to go for Endurance since reducing cd on Evasion is really good when I prefer to have it ready to use with Blade Flurry if needed (similar reason why I choose Lightning Reflexes). Fifth tier talents – I love to be sword – not only it’s best choice for pve rogue but I just like the look of them. Probably in near future I will be forced (to improve my DPS) to go first for fist-sword and then fist-fist spec. At start I will lose 4 points in Vile Poisons in Assassination tree but when I’ll get my second fist I will get back to it. After all calculations I have made this is good choice. Sixth tier talents of combat tree: Weapon Expertise – and I’m sorry I’m not human Wink, nahh, just joking me just don’t want to be dodged – since I get my Shard of Contempt I think I will be a lot better. Aggression just to boost specials. Vitality to improve two most important base stats. Combat Potency with fast offhand and high hit can make miracles to regain energy. Surprise Attacks - so I don’t care that my 5cp evi can be dodged and to imp dmg. Assassination tree is all about imp crit chance, crit dmg, restoring energy and gaining additional CP.
As a weakness I will consider loose of those 3 points you need to use in combat tree since they not really boost your dmg.

Would you be willing to respecc for the good of the guild and discuss your build with officers who have the proper knowledge?
Yes, I see no problem in doing so.

Comments regarding your gear setup, is there a plan behind it, i.e. more emphasis on AP than hit or is it randomly put together because it was the best you could find?
I try to keep balance mostly between three stats: AP, Hit and Expertise.
I want to have AP high cause Rupture or Evi depends of it. Thanks to 2parts from t4 I can perform 1s/5r on bosses now. I’m not aiming to have Hit or Expertise capped. But I prefer to have high Hit for less chance to miss with my white dmg and enough Expertise to not be dodged so much. As you can see I’m running now with swords, it’s cause I like them really and ofc cause it gives me chance for extra attack thanks to sword spec. One of my rings is still 5man dungeon cause I have really bad luck to get one from Kara even after all those runs or the one from Hydross. Was thinking about getting the one from 2.4 badge reward but after calculations it showed me that better for me is to get fist weapons from badge rewards and after them the ring. Right now I need only 3 more badges to get main hander, then I will go for off. As you can see I’m much into self improvement Smile.

How many nights per week can you attend raids? (Current 25-man raid days are Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday)
For sure I can attend on Tuesday and Thursday. About Sunday - it always depends of my study plan, but most of the time I’m getting home early enough to be on raid.

Prior raid experience and raid guild / raid community.
I was farming Kara with root members of Taste of Blood.
Have cleared 4 bosses in ZA with them also done Gruul’s Lair.
Besides this I was puggin a little with friends.
During this time I have done Magtheridon, Doomwalker, Doom Lord Kazzak.
I don’t have much routine experience in SSC/TK besides few kills/attempts on Hydross, Lurker, Void Reaver and Al'ar. Never was in MH/BT but really want to see those places.

Reason for leaving your prior raid guild / raid community.
I have left Taste of Blood cause I want to see something else then grey kara scenery and Gruul’s Lair. After a talk with leader we explained some things each other and said ‘Goodbye’ with tear in the eye.

How important is loot to you? And why?
Loot is important as much as people know know to use it. I vote for skill over gear.
I will not cry if I will not get item I want or type ‘ffs’ every time it will not drop.
If there will be big gear difference and some item will gimme a much more less DPS boost than to another damage dealer I’m ready to consider passing on it. All people are happy to have new toys but sometimes it’s just cosmetic change. I’m only taking things which really improve my performance as dpser. Most of all I want to see end-game content.

Do you agree with our policies? And our expectations of being prepared for every raid?
Yes I agree, I’m alchemist myself so in stuff like flasks, potions can take care by myself. Also Spicy Hot Talbuk is always with me Smile. And if fishing going well even some Agility scrolls pop up on the way.

Tell us the basic facts about yourself in real life (age, nationality, hobbies etc).
My name is Simon. I’m 26. I live in Poland, Gliwice. I study IT at weekends, deeply interested in networking technology. I’m working in Printing Shop, sometimes design, mostly cut. In free time I play WoW, read books/comics or watch anime.

How did you hear about BotE and what are you expectations of the guild?
One day, about half of April I was poked in Scryer’s bank by Voldzam and asked if I was thinking about raiding SSC/TK and progressing in MH/BT. I told him yes and asked about directions. Since then I checked your page many times but wasn’t applying cause of exam session at studies. After finished exam session I decided to apply and here I am.
What I expect from guild… I expect mature players who when sign up for raid know they will have time for it, they will focus on play for guild progress, respect the rules and have banana face all the time even if something doesn’t go as we expect.

Do you know anyone inside BotE who can vouch for you?
Sad to say but I haven’t meet/talk with anyone besides Voldzam.

Do you feel we've missed something you want to add?
Yes, someone can say I got too little experience but I want to point I learn really fast. Spending much time on pages like Bosskillers or similar, watching movies to analyze fights and positioning, as I mentioned earlier I’m much into self improvement.
That’s all, thank you for spending time to read this application, hope to hear soon from you.

Avarkin.
Back to top Go down
Voldzam

Voldzam

PostSubject: .   Avarkin - rogue application Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Hey man, nice to see you finally applying.

Your gear reveals that you haven't done much t5 raiding, but you have been working hard on getting all the sweet badge stuff and the merciless swords, so you are definitively ready for BT and MH.

I really like your attitude towards your class and how you explained the combat/assassination specc that so many of us use. It shows your love for the class, I like that.

Only problem at the moment is that we seldom bring more than 2 rogues to the raids and atm we are only 2 rogues, but very active ones in the guild. So the officers will have to discuss that before giving you a final answer.

Expect an answer in "a while", we have many applications at the moment, let's hope it doesn't take too long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imbatron.nu
Eloff

Eloff

PostSubject: Re: Avarkin - rogue application   Avarkin - rogue application Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:10 am

Back to top Go down
Avarkin

PostSubject: Re: Avarkin - rogue application   Avarkin - rogue application Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:41 pm

Sure thing, take your time.
I'll wait and keep my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avarkin - rogue application   Avarkin - rogue application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avarkin - rogue application
Page 1 of 1